We’re pleased to announce the beta version of 3.3.0, a major update of the Titanium SDK and Titanium Studio. Version 3.3.0 contains a number of important feature enhancements and improvements, along with significant bug fixes. We are asking for your feedback in testing this before it becomes generally available next month.
This is a pre-production release, and as such may contain regressions or other issues. Please do not use it in production, and keep backups of all important projects and data.
If you find an issue, please report it in JIRA with a reproducible test case. We ask you provide feedback by Friday, 6/6.
How to Update
These are links to continuous integration builds. To install them, choose “Help Menu > Install Specific Titanium SDK…” from inside Titanium Studio.
To update Studio, please visit https://preview.appcelerator.com and follow the instructions to update to the RC stream, or to download a new install.
Note: You may need to use ‘sudo’ before these terminal commands on OSX and Linux
[sudo] npm install -g email@example.com [sudo] npm install -g firstname.lastname@example.org
To revert back to stable versions:
[sudo] npm remove -g titanium [sudo] npm install -g titanium [sudo] npm remove -g alloy [sudo] npm install -g alloy
Updates in Titanium 3.3.0
- New API to set attributes of UI components within a controller-less view
- Use custom run-time queries as TSS style selectors
- Map Module integrations
- XML Markup/TSS enhancements
- Theme widget assets and styles as part your custom theme
- AppCompat Library: As of this release, the Titanium SDK uses the appcompat library to provide support for the Action Bar on devices running Android 2.3.x and later.
- Added support for camera features to the Android platfrom that were previously only available for iOS
- Official support for testing Android applications on Genymotion virtual devices with both the Titanium CLI and Studio.
- Change: The action bar is now displayed by default. Previously, you had to set a theme to display the action bar.
- Change: If you set the Android target SDK version in your tiapp.xml file, you must specify version 14 or higher.
- Change: Due to changes to support the appcompat library, applications cannot use the base Holo, Light or Dark themes.
- Multiple UI bugs addressed and general stability enhancements.
- You can now control the clipping behavior of the view component.
- The HTTP client on iOS uses the new iOS 7 NSURLConnection class, replacing the ASIHTTPRequest class.
- The HTTP Client for iOS now supports cookie management. Previously, this feature was only available for Android.
- You can now add a shadow to a view component
- There is a new mechanism to support SSL certificates with the HTTPClient exposed as the securityManager property.
- If a device is connected, and you are building for device, the build process will now automatically build straight to that device, bypassing iTunes sync. This should make for a much speedier build process.
- To fix an issue with iTunes sync builds with iTunes 11.2 and later, the CFBundleVersion in the application’s info.plist file is set to an Epoch timestamp.
- Change: For parity, the Titanium.Database.ResultSet.fieldcount() method has been removed from the SDK. Use the read-only Titanium.Database.ResultSet.fieldcount property to retrieve the same information.
- Alloy project improvements
- Content assistance improvements
- Genymotion virtual device support
- Reworked Windows installer
- Create command supports custom templates (–template option)
- Display iOS device log output
- Genymotion virtual device support
- Module creation support
- Windows Hybrid platform support
Windows Hybrid Platform Support
More information on getting started is in the release notes.
SSL Client Certificates
The mechanisms introduced in Release 3.1.0 to support SSL Certificate Stores for HTTP Clients are no longer supported. Use the HTTPClient’s securityManager property to implement support for SSL Certificate Stores.
Full list here.
- Studio may appear sluggish with multiple projects attached to git. Please see TISTUD-6376 if you encounter this issue.
- There are a few outstanding issues on the BlackBerry platform. You may wish to watch individual tickets as appropriate.