We’re pleased to announce the release candidate version of 3.3.0, a major update of the Titanium SDK and Titanium Studio. Version 3.3.0 contains a number of important feature enhancements and improvements, along with significant bug fixes. We are asking for your feedback in testing this before it becomes generally available later this month.
This is a pre-production release, and as such may contain regressions or other issues. Please do not use it in production, and keep backups of all important projects and data.
If you find an issue, please report it in JIRA with a reproducible test case. We ask you provide feedback by Wednesday, 6/18.
How to Update
These are links to continuous integration builds. To install them, choose “Help Menu > Install Specific Titanium SDK…” from inside Titanium Studio.
To update Studio, please visit https://preview.appcelerator.com and follow the instructions to update to the RC stream, or to download a new install.
Note: You may need to use ‘sudo’ before these terminal commands on OSX and Linux
[sudo] npm install -g firstname.lastname@example.org [sudo] npm install -g email@example.com
To revert back to stable versions:
[sudo] npm remove -g titanium [sudo] npm install -g titanium [sudo] npm remove -g alloy [sudo] npm install -g alloy
Updates in Titanium 3.3.0
Review the previous post for a high-level list of 3.3.0 features and changes
Changes from 3.3.0.Beta
- Fixes for Studio Windows Installer
- Address BlackBerry regressions
- Corrected issues with Android module creation and packaging
- Alloy: Corrected negation in conditionals and issues with assets in themes
- Various other Android and iOS bugs
- Core Motion Module! The Core Motion module provides support for monitoring various hardware sensors on iOS devices, such as the accelerometer, gyroscope, and magnetometer. Please read more here. Download the module here.