Today, we published the General Availability versions of the Axway Titanium SDK, Axway Appcelerator CLI, and Appcelerator Studio. The Titanium SDK and the CLI are minor releases, and the Studio release is a patch release with high priority bug fixes. For a more detailed overview, known issues and closed tickets, see the release notes:
- Titanium SDK 8.1.0 GA Release Note
- Appcelerator CLI 7.1.0 GA Release Note
- Appcelerator Studio 5.1.3 GA Release Note
- Deprecation notice for Node.js® 8.X support in SDK 9.0.0
- With the release of Titanium SDK 9.0.0, we will no longer support Node.js 8.X.
- Node 10.2.0 will be the new minimum supported version with SDK 9.0.0.
- Users of Studio
- Some fixes were made to the SDK, CLI and Studio to improve the debugger experience in Studio. It is therefore recommended for Studio users to update all components including the CLI and SDK to experience improved debugger performance.
- iOS Platform
- Implemented async Ti.Database.DB methods.
- Added feature to allow Ti.UI.SearchBar to be displayed in navigation-bar.
- Android Platform
- Significantly increased app cold-start performance via V8 snapshots.
- Updated V8 from 7.0 to 7.3.
- Added new async database APIs.
- Android cold-start performance improvement
- In addition to upgrading V8 to 7.3 we also utilized snapshots to improve application launch time. When an application launches, V8 needs to initialize its context from scratch, which can take a noticible amount of time.
- Improvements to iOS and Android Platforms
- Improved incremental build time for larger projects.
- New Alloy features which allow
- Restricting an attribute set in a View to a platform.
- Using values passed in on controller creation in TSS and View files.
- Setting properties of objects in XML.
Please refer to the release notes for more details.
Update Titanium SDK
Studio users will be prompted to update the SDK.
To update the Titanium SDK from the command line:
[appc] ti sdk install latest
Update Axway Appcelerator CLI:
Studio users will be prompted to update the CLI node package and core.
To update the CLI node package and core from the command line:
[sudo] npm install -g appcelerator
appc use latest
Update Appcelerator Studio
To update Studio, launch Studio and open the “Help” menu. Select the “Check for Appcelerator Updates” item. You will be prompted to install the update.
- CLI: Unable to see project files in Chrome debugger on Windows. ALOY-1696
Thank You Community!
We’d like to thank the following community members who contributed to these releases as well as those who have tested RC versions.
- Prafulla Bansode – TIMOB-24415
- Sandro Lain – TIMOB-24418, TIMOB-24423, TIMOB-24443
- Hans Knöchel – TIMOB-26101, TIMOB-26854, TIMOB-26862, TIMOB-26885, TIMOB-26946, TIMOB-27049, TIMOB-27082, TIMOB-27089, TIMOB-27090, TIMOB-27100, TIMOB-27103, TIMOB-26523, TIMOB-26566, TIMOB-26509, TIMOB-26686, TIMOB-26770, TIMOB-27155, TIMOB-27210
- kedomuz – TIMOB-26326
- Michael Gangolf – TIMOB-26456, TIMOB-26993, TIMOB-25556, TIMOB-26793
- Sergey Volkov – TIMOB-26973
- shumne – TIMOB-26795
- alessandro la rocca – TIMOB-26829
- Andreas Pingas – TIMOB-26878, TIMOB-27188, TIMOB-27232
- Arbind – TIMOB-26898
- grebulon – TIMOB-26954
- Muhammad Ahmed Fahad – TIMOB-26986
- Adam Armstrong – TIMOB-27087
- Tim Poulsen – TIMOB-14460
- Richard Lustemberg – TIMOB-26599
- Mark Henderson – TIMOB-27098
If you run into any issues that seem related to the updates, please report them on JIRA.
First, check if it’s a known issue you can watch. If you can’t find an existing ticket, then create one in the
Appcelerator Community (AC) project and add as much relevant information as you can, including the release version you are using.
You can leave general comments as a reply to this blog post.