Today, we published the General Availability release of the AMPLIFY™ Titanium SDK and a Release Candidate of the Appcelerator CLI. Titanium SDK 7.5.0 is a minor release with 37 improvements, 116 bug fixes and 23 new features. Appcelerator CLI 7.0.8 is a patch release with three bug fixes and two improvements.
To align with our support policies, 7.4.x releases will not receive updates more than 6 months (May 2019) after the release of 7.5.0.GA. Any needed fixes will be in 7.5.x or newer minor version releases within the 7.x branch (e.g 7.6 or 7.5.1). See Axway Appcelerator Deprecation Policy and Nominal Lifetimes documents for details. There won’t be any new minor 7.x version updates after November 2019.
For a more detailed overview, known issues and closed tickets, see the release notes:
- Android P targeting
- Android “safeAreaPadding”
- Android translucent navigation bar and status bar support
Please refer to the release note for more details.
Update Titanium SDK
Studio users will be prompted to update the SDK.
To update the Titanium SDK from the command line:
[appc] ti sdk install latest
Update Appcelerator CLI
To update the CLI components from the command line:
appc use 7.0.8-5
To roll the CLI back:
appc use latest
Thank You Community!
We’d like to thank the following community members who contributed to these releases as well as those who have tested RC versions.
- Ezoom Agency – TIMOB-13642
- Michael Woode – TIMOB-16511
- Alejandro F. Carrera – TIMOB-16678
- Hazem Khaled – TIMOB-24321
- Richard Lustemberg – TIMOB-24452, TIMOB-26369
- Varun Joshi – TIMOB-25513
- Uriel Lizama – TIMOB-25391
- Jorge Macias Garcia – TIMOB-25756
- Guillermo Figueras – TIMOB-25810
- Igor Stojanovic – TIMOB-25901
- Joe Falcone – TIMOB-25971
- Joshua A. Ceaser – TIMOB-26047
- Alexander de Greiff – TIMOB-26104
- Said Chaouche – TIMOB-26127
- David van de Meer – TIMOB-26141, TIMOB-26160, TIMOB-26164, TIMOB-26203
- Russell Kenny – TIMOB-26155, TIMOB-26168
- Josh Mocek – TIMOB-26161
- Gautier Drusch – TIMOB-26182
- Sergey Volkov – TIMOB-26204, TIMOB-26205, TIMOB-26436
- Zaedy Dantas Sayão – TIMOB-26295
- Michael Gangolf – TIMOB-26314, TIMOB-26374, TIMOB-25635, TIMOB-25855, TIMOB-25043
- Luc-Edmond Gaspard – TIMOB-26317
- Simon Buckingham – TIMOB-26462
- Mads Møller – TIMOB-13966
- Itay Szekely – TIMOB-19618
- Monili Nicolò – TIMOB-25985
- Omri Sapir – TIMOB-26297
- Flavio De Stefano – TIMOB-24080
- Andrea Vitale – TIMOB-26073
- Menno Juistdit – TIMOB-26174
- Joren Vos – TIMOB-26278, TIMOB-26294
- Prashant Saini – TIMOB-26477
- Thomas Neerup Andersen – TIMOB-26479
If you run into any issues that seem related to the updates, please report them on JIRA.
First, check if it’s a known issue you can watch. If you can’t find an existing ticket, then create one in the
Appcelerator Community (AC) project and add as much relevant information as you can, including the release version you are using.
You can leave general comments as a reply to this blog post or reach out via TiSlack.