We are thrilled to announce the immediate availability of the Titanium SDK 5.4.0, Appcelerator CLI 5.4.0, and Appcelerator Studio 4.7.0.
We’d like to thank the Appcelerator Community members who contributed to this release as well as those who have tested the beta and RC versions.
Other noteworthy features are as follows.
- The SDK supports Facebook’s App Invites.
- We added support for “logPurchase” in Ti.Facebook module.
- iOS: Support Blur View.
- iOS: Add Stepper UI element.
- Android: Implement Video Recording.
- The appc use command allows you to use pre release versions by using the –prerelease flag.
- APPC CLI allows for refreshing of a session without having to login again.
- Studio now comes with a built-in error reporting tool that can be used to identify problems within Studio and automatically upload problems to the Appcelerator analytics server, providing key insights as to where problems may exist in Studio and how they can be improved. Please see Studio Error Reporting for details on this new feature.
- The Hyperloop Module will give you direct access to the native APIs. Studio supports enabling the Hyperloop Module during new project creation and through the tiapp.xml editor.
Release Notes & Fixed Issues
These releases include 45 bug fixes, 5 improvements and 33 new features. For a more detailed overview, known issues and closed tickets see the following links:
- Titanium SDK 5.4.0.GA Release Notes
- Studio 4.7.0.GA Release Notes
- Appcelerator CLI 5.4.0.GA Release Notes
- All (public) resolved JIRA Tickets (login to JIRA to view)
- Hyperloop (1.2.5) does not support debugger at this time (TIMOB-23628).
- When building https://github.com/appcelerator/hyperloop-examples on Windows the build process fails (TIMOB-23613)
More details: When building a project on Windows using appc run from the same directory as an appc.js file the build process will not begin and instead you will be prompted to select the application to open the appc.js in or the file will automatically open depending on your settings (CLI-1038)
- The prepackaged ti.facebook Android module (5.2.0) can crash during build time (MOD-2283). Workaround: Use the re-packaged version from the Github page instead.
Update Appcelerator Studio
If you changed the update type to Release Candidate Build to get the RC, then you can switch back to Stable Release now and check for updates.
Update Appcelerator CLI
Studio will update the CLI and SDK for you. To update them from the command line:
If you run into any issues that seem related to the updates, please report them on JIRA. First, check if it’s a known issue you can watch. If you can’t find an existing ticket, then create one in the Appcelerator Community (AC) project and add as much relevant information as you can, including the GA version you are using.
You can leave general comments as a reply to this blog post.