Since launching Appcelerator Cloud Services (ACS) in April, we’ve seen great excitement and adoption with in our developer community. Innovative photo, video, chat, social networking, weather, and many other types of apps have been created utilizing ACS as their powerful, easy to use server backend!
We’ve been hard at work implementing new features requested by our users. Last week along with the Titanium Studio 2.1.1 release, we added new ACS API features:
- Messages, Posts, and Likes have been taken out of Beta. Send email-style messages to other users, create Facebook-style wall posts, and record the number of Likes for most ACS objects to easily add more social networking features to your apps.
- Access control lists (ACLs) – configure fine-grained control over which app users can read and/or write any type of object in ACS. For example, now you can allow multiple users to share and update a collection of photos.
- Secure login via 3-Legged OAuth – enforce secure login to your app via a time-limited token, eliminating security concerns about embedding the ACS key or OAuth token into your app.
New administrative website features have been added to make managing you app’s data even easier:
- Lookup of push notification subscriptions & delivery status
- Advanced search and filtering of data for different object types (users, chats, places, etc.)
Additionally we’ve updated our iOS and Android push notification infrastructure using node.js. This has simplified our codebase and given us better performance and capacity than ever before!