Today, we published the Release Candidate version of Appcelerator Studio. This release is a major release with high priority bug fixes along with new features. For a more detailed overview, known issues and closed tickets, see the release notes:
- Deprecation notice for Node.js® 8.X support in SDK 9.0.0
- With the release of Titanium SDK 9.0.0, we will no longer support Node.js 8.X.
- Node 10.13 will be the new minimum supported version with SDK 9.0.0.
- Studio 6.0.0 GA will download and install Node 10.13 if the minimum Node version is not present.
Please refer to the release note for more details.
Update Appcelerator Studio
To update Studio, launch Studio and open preferences. Choose the “Studio” item and “Updates”. Select the “Release Candidate Build” option and click OK. You will be prompted to check for updates, respond “Yes”.
To roll back:
Launch Studio and open preferences. Choose the “Studio” item and “Updates”. Select the “Stable Release” option and click OK. Once set, you will only be prompted in the future for GA releases.
- CLI: Unable to see project files in Chrome debugger on Windows. ALOY-1696
If you run into any issues that seem related to the updates, please report them on JIRA.
First, check if it’s a known issue you can watch. If you can’t find an existing ticket, then create one in the
Appcelerator Community (AC) project and add as much relevant information as you can, including the release version you are using.
You can leave general comments as a reply to this blog post.