Today, we published Release Candidate versions of Axway Titanium SDK, Axway Appcelerator CLI, and Appcelerator Studio. The Titanium SDK and the CLI are minor releases, and the Studio release is a patch release with high priority bug fixes. For a more detailed overview, known issues and closed tickets, see the release notes:
- Titanium SDK 8.1.0 RC Release Note
- Appcelerator CLI 7.1.0 RC Release Note
- Appcelerator Studio 5.1.3 RC Release Note
- Deprecation notice for Node.js® 8.X support in SDK 9.0.0
- With the release of Titanium SDK 9.0.0, we will no longer support Node.js 8.X.
- Node 10.2.0 will be the new minimum supported version with SDK 9.0.0.
- Users of Studio
- Some fixes were made to the SDK, CLI and Studio to improve the debugger experience in Studio. It is therefore recommended for Studio users to update all components including the CLI and SDK to experience improved debugger performance.
- iOS Platform
- Implemented async Ti.Database.DB methods.
- Added feature to allow Ti.UI.SearchBar to be displayed in navigation-bar.
- Android Platform
- Significantly increased app cold-start performance via V8 snapshots.
- Updated V8 from 7.0 to 7.3.
- Added new async database APIs.
- Improvements to iOS and Android Platforms
- Improved incremental build time for larger projects.
- New Alloy features which allow
- Restricting an attribute set in a View to a platform.
- Using values passed in on controller creation in TSS and View files.
- Setting properties of objects in XML.
Please refer to the release note for more details.
Update Titanium SDK to 8.1.0
[appc] ti sdk install --branch 8_1_X -d
To roll back:
[appc] ti sdk select latest
Update Axway Appcelerator CLI:
To update the CLI node package and core from the command line:
[sudo] npm install -g email@example.com
appc use 7.1.0-24
To roll the CLI node package and core back:
[sudo] npm install -g appcelerator
appc use latest
Update Appcelerator Studio
To update Studio, launch Studio and open preferences. Choose the “Studio” item and “Updates”. Select the “Release Candidate Build” option and click OK. You will be prompted to check for updates, respond “Yes”.
To roll back:
Launch Studio and open preferences. Choose the “Studio” item and “Updates”. Select the “Stable Release” option and click OK. Once set, you will only be prompted in the future for GA releases.
- CLI: Unable to see project files in Chrome debugger on Windows. ALOY-1696
If you run into any issues that seem related to the updates, please report them on JIRA.
First, check if it’s a known issue you can watch. If you can’t find an existing ticket, then create one in the
Appcelerator Community (AC) project and add as much relevant information as you can, including the release version you are using.
You can leave general comments as a reply to this blog post.