Today, we published a Release Candidate version of the Axway Titanium SDK and the General Availability version of the Appcelerator CLI. The Titanium SDK is a minor release and the CLI is a patch release. For a more detailed overview, known issues and closed tickets, see the release notes:
- Please note that CLI 8.1.1 GA should be installed prior to installing the SDK. Context for this change is in this ticket: TIMOB-28128
- iOS 14 key features implemented in the SDK core
- Xcode 12 support
Beta release: macOS target support
- Supported via Mac Catalyst
- Major iOS Titanium APIs are available for mac target
- Most of our native iOS titanium modules support mac target
- Note this is a beta release. Please refer to the release notes for more details.
- Module build is updated to build for mac target as well
Update Axway Appcelerator CLI:
Studio users will be prompted to update the CLI node package and core.
To update the CLI node package and core from the command line:
[sudo] npm install -g appcelerator
appc use latest
Update Titanium SDK
To update the Titanium SDK from the command line:
[appc] ti sdk install --branch 9_2_X -d
To roll back:
[appc] ti sdk select latest
- iOS: Hyperloop is currently incompatible with iOS 14/Xcode 12. TIMOB-28099
- facebook module is not compatible with macOS and has not been rebuilt for SDK 9.2.0
If you run into any issues that seem related to the updates, please report them on JIRA.
First, check if it’s a known issue you can watch. If you can’t find an existing ticket, then create one in the
Appcelerator Community (AC) project and add as much relevant information as you can, including the release version you are using.
You can leave general comments as a reply to this blog post.