Hey everybody! Last week (and this weekend) we did a number of presentations/webinars on cool applications being built on Titanium both by our community and by us (in the form of sample code and demos). I thought I might take a minute to jot down some of the applications built on Titanium that you’ll want to check out. The following Titanium apps just dropped on the Apple App Store, which we think are pretty cool:
- Bud Light High Five League
- MTV Jersey Shore Yourself
Source code isn’t available for either, but they’re good examples of what our developers can do with Titanium. Another app to keep an eye out for is Sugar CRM’s new iPad application, powered by Titanium (press release). In addition to these apps, we were recently blown away by an iPad controlled blimp, which used Titanium to create a socket connection to a small dirigible which is controlled by device gestures on the iPad. Check out the video below:
We’ve also got a number of open source mobile demo applications you’ll want to check out for both sample code and inspiration:
- The Kitchen Sink (now featuring an iPad Kitchen Sink demo)
- Snapost (GitHub and App Store)
- Persistence Demo
- Oil Reporter and Oil Tracker – for more info on how Intridea is helping out with the Oil Spill, check out https://oilreporter.org and watch this blog and our Twitter account for our upcoming joint webinar with the team at Intridea who built this application (App Store and Android Market).
- iPad RSS Demo
- Golingo – a web view-based word game using new-fangled CSS 3 transitions and more.
Our community and partners have lots of exciting projects in development on the desktop side as well – we’d tell you about them, but they’re so awesome and recognizable that they remain top secret until they get closer to completion. In terms of sample code on the desktop side, there are a number of resources available to you:
- Desktop Kitchen Sink (in development)
- Drillbit Tests (our automated unit tests are useful to browse on the web and incorporate into your app)
- Marshall’s GitHub Account, with multiple nice desktop demos
- Also, check out examples of CSS 3’s improved box model and HTML 5 video
Hopefully these examples will keep you busy for a few hours 😉 – have you written an open source or example Titanium app that others in the community might find interesting? Let us know in the comments.