Major updates are here in Titanium Mobile 1.5.0 GA, and they are available now! Android support is greatly expanded, and you’ll find new features, performance and quality improvements throughout.
Last week we had two release candidates, found a few issues, and are now ready to release Titanium Mobile 1.5.0 GA to the world.
For those of you previewing our RC2 – we did find and fix two IOS issues in our 1.5.0 RC2 delivered on Friday 12/10, namely:
Firstly, in 1.5.0 we’ve addressed over 500 issues on iOS and Android. On both platforms we’ve added or improved:
- Memory Usage and Performance
- Multiple Density Images
- Simple Services
- Module Development Kit
This is a big Android feature release and we’ve only begun to scrape the surface of what’s possible:
- Exposing several Android native classes: Activity, Service, Intent, PendingIntent, Menu, and MenuItem.
- Extensive support for providing resources for the different screens and densities
- Contacts (Read-only)
- Remote Image Cache when using ImageView
- and many other features
We’ve also added iOS features as well:
- Drawing performance improvements, especially in TableView
- Improved background and local notification support
A Few Important Items
Before we jump into the fun stuff, we want to mention that there is one breaking change on Android.
Ti.UI.Android.Menu have been removed. The are four menu examples in KitchenSink.
map_view.js has been refactored to use the new menu API. There is also
Also, if you want to take advantage of specifying your Android configuration in your tiapp.xml you’ll need Developer 1.2.2 update, released on Friday 12/10.
How Do I Get Titanium Mobile 1.5.0 GA?
- Download, install, and launch the new Titanium Developer application (Release 1.2.2)
- Upgrade to the new 1.5 Mobile SDK from within the Titanium Developer Application
- Read the Release Notes for the detail on the new R1.5 SDK
- Get the KitchenSink source code
I got an error launching my app!
If you get an error after changing your Titanium SDK to 1.5.0 from a previous version in the Titanium Developer Edit tab, and then you click
Save Changes and encounter an error when launching your app, please do the following:
- Go to your [appname]/build/[iphone] directory, and delete the contents. (for android, replace iphone with android above)
- Titanium should now do a clean build with from scratch.
Note that in our next incremental release we will work to fix this annoyance.
For other issues please refer to our Q&A section, and search for your issue there.
Please give us your feedback on this major release.
And keep checking the Titanium documentation portal for more information.
The Appcelerator Team