We’ve reached the General Availability milestone for Titanium Mobile 1.6.0. It’s available for immediate download through Titanium Developer.
The features I highlighted in my February 2 blog post all made it into the final Titanium 1.6.0 release. Below are a few highlights from the release.
New Facebook APIs
Briefly, Titanium is now easier to integrate with Facebook on both iOS and Android. For more information about Facebook integration, read Bill Dawson’s detailed post: Facebook Module Changes in Titanium Mobile 1.6.0.
Nearly 300 Improvements and Bug Fixes
In total, Titanium Mobile 1.6.0 delivers nearly 300 improvements across iOS and Android, making this a valuable release for all Titanium users. Highlights of this release include:
- Android: Galaxy Tab support
- Android: Use dimensions in layouts with multiple measurement scales
- Android: Support for URIs in Intents to enable stream based operations such as audio recording.
- iOS: Enable attaching JSS properties to UI elements
- iOS: Support for the audio and location background mode
- iOS: Adds support for remote hi-res images on retina displays
The Release Notes and our ticketing system include the full list.
Platform Support Changes
Titanium Mobile 1.6 is compatible with iOS 3.1.3 through 4.2.6, and Android 1.6 through 2.3. Please note that support for Android 1.6 is deprecated in Titanium Mobile 1.6, and will not be supported in future releases.
Foundation for Titanium+Plus
Titanium Mobile 1.6 is the required SDK for integrating the forthcoming line Titanium+Plus value-added software modules into your apps. You’ll be hearing more about the Titanium+Plus product line and specific modules in the coming weeks.
How Do I Get Titanium Mobile 1.6.0 GA?
- Download, install, and launch the new Titanium Developer application (Release 1.2.2)
- Upgrade to the new 1.6.0 Mobile SDK from within the Titanium Developer Application
- Read the Release Notes for the detail on the new R1.6.0 SDK
- Get the KitchenSink source code
Please give us your feedback on this release.
And keep checking the new Titanium Guides area on Developer Center which is often refreshed with updated content.
The Appcelerator Team