We’re excited to announce that Titanium Mobile SDK 1.8.2 and Titanium Studio 1.0.9 are available now. We released Titanium Mobile SDK 1.8.1 last month as our first service pack for the 1.8 release and the response to monthly service packs has been very positive. These service packs address high priority issues while we work on the next feature release. Titanium Mobile SDK 1.8.2 builds on the strengths of Service Pack 1.8.1 and addresses over 150 issues.
We are working in parallel on our next feature release, 2.0. Highlights of the SDK 2.0 feature set include:
- Integration with CocoaFish to cloud-enable Titanium applications.
- Composite layouts to address UI parity issues.
- More flexible geolocation functionality.
- Improved TableView performance.
- Well-defined module API for module developers.
We’ve gotten a little behind processing community pull requests but we are working on them now, so keep them coming.
Enhancements in 1.8.2 include:
- Android V8 – Application Java Script source code protection
- Android V8 – Better memory management
- iOS – API to load WebView content from string with baseURL
- MobileWeb – Google Closure compiler integration to minify code
- Documentation – Improved API documentation with new code examples
Read the Release Notes for additional details on all improvements available in this release.
Download and Installation
For More Information
For more information, you may view the related API Documentation: Titanium Mobile SDK 1.8.2 API docs.