We’re excited to announce Titanium Mobile SDK 1.8 Release Candidate 3 is now available. This release fixes some issues in 1.8 RC1 and improves stability. For more information on the release, see the original blog post for 1.8 RC1.
To get the most out of the 1.8 SDK, you should also get the new Titanium Studio 1.0.7 Release Candidate. If you have already installed the Titanium Studio 1.0.7 RC, you do not need to reinstall, but make sure you have the latest updates. Click Help > Check For Updates to get the latest updates.
Read the Release Notes for additional details on all new features and improvements available in the release candidate.
This section lists high-profile issues that were fixed in RC3.
- Disabled timestamping on distribution builds. The addition of a timestamp to the version bundle string can make the string too long for Apple’s submission guidelines. This timestamp has been removed from distribution builds, but retained in adhoc and simulator builds. (TIMOB-6293)
- DashboardView is leaking memory. (TIMOB-6229)
- CommonJS: Module variables not updated. (TIMOB-6688)
- Packaging: Failing to include all optional icons during packaging causes errors in Xcode pre-submission verification (TIMOB-6575).
- Some modules designed for CommonJS not exporting, even with the “export” variable set. (TIMOB-6573)
- V8 Debugger: Add a list of filtered variable names for TiStudio. (TIMOB-6549)
- V8 Debugger: Filter stack variables by regular expression from the Mobile SDK. (TISTUD-894)
- V8 Debugger: Filter stack frames that have a prefix of “ti:/”. (TISTUD-897)
Download and Installation
If you have Titanium Studio, you can download the 1.8 SDK from inside Studio. See below for instruction to install the SDK with or without Studio.
Download Links for Titanium Mobile SDK 1.8 Release Candidate 3:
To install the 1.8 RC3 SDK from Titanium Studio
- Click Help > Install Titanium SDK from URL.
- Paste in the appropriate URL and click Finish.
- After the SDK finishes downloading, you’re ready to try it out.
Before running a project, double-click the
tiapp.xml file and make sure the selected SDK is 188.8.131.52.RC3
To Install without Titanium Studio
If you don’t have Titanium Studio installed, you’ll want to download the appropriate distribution above and then extract into your Titanium directory.
For example, on OSX, your Titanium directory will be under either /Library/Application Support/Titanium or~/Library/Appcelerator Support/Titanium.
On Linux ~/.titanium.
On Windows Vista/7 C:ProgramDataTitanium and on Windows XP C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataTitanium
Once you locate your Titanium directory, extract the zip file into this directory. The zip file will expand the contents and create/overlay some new directories for 184.108.40.206-RC3.
NOTE for OSX users who use Safari to download: Safari by default will auto uncompress your downloads, how handy. However, if you have a directory named mobilesdk, your extracted directory will be renamed.
Now, you’ll need to restart Titanium Developer to pick up the new release. Once restarted, remember to change your application SDK version and then click the ‘Save’ button.
You should now be able to test with the release candidate software.
For More Information
For more information, you may view the related API Documentation: Titanium Mobile SDK 1.8 Release Candidate 3 API docs.