Update: We released Titanium Mobile SDK GA Revision 2 earlier today as the initial 2.0.1 GA release was missing the Appcelerator Cloud Services modules (Titanium.Cloud and Titanium.CloudPush). Please install this version to receive the ACS modules if you installed the initial GA release.
Brace yourselves, Titanium fans. The latest helping of Titanium goodness, is now available hot off the update servers.
Titanium Mobile SDK 2.0.1 is now available.
We’ve been working on this feature release for last few months and I’m sure that you’ll find this release as exciting as I do.
Titanium Mobile SDK 2.0.1 builds on the strengths of Release 1.8, adding numerous new features, improving parity across different platforms and addressing over 700 issues. This release takes the Titanium platform to the next level but I will let you be the judge.
Highlights of the SDK 2.0.1 feature set include:
- Integration with Appcelerator Cloud Services (formerly CocoaFish) to cloud-enable Titanium applications.
- Mobile Web (formerly HTML5 platform) release candidate.
- New Titanium Documentation Site with much improved documentation and examples
- Composite layouts to address UI parity issues across different platforms. A migration guide is available to help you migrate your applications.
- Well-defined module API for module developers.
- More flexible geolocation functionality.
- Xcode 4.3 and iOS 5.1 support.
- Android V8 – Better memory management
- Android r19 toolset support
We also processed quite a few community pull requests for this release. We appreciate the effort and commitment from our wonderful community and this release would not have been possible without your support.
Read the Release Notes for additional details on all improvements available in this release.
Download and Installation
Updating Titanium Studio
You should be automatically prompted to update your Titanium Studio software. If you do not see the prompt, you can select “Check for Updates” from the “Help” menu from within Titanium Studio.
Updating the Mobile SDK
Similarly, you should be prompted to automatically upgrade your Titanium Mobile SDK from within Titanium Studio. If you do not see the prompt below, you can manually check for updates by selecting “Check for Titanium SDK Updates” from the “Help” menu within Titanium Studio.
For More Information
For more information, you may view the related API Documentation: Titanium Mobile SDK 2.0.1 API docs.