Today we release the second beta of the newest version of our Titanium platform–SDK and Studio 3.0.0. This version includes several additional features as well as bug fixes uncovered during our (and your) testing. Read on below, and for full information, please see the release notes.
This release includes several new features related to the Android action bar.
- TIMOB-11601 Android: Expose ActionBar methods.
- TIMOB-11602 Android: Expose activity.invalidateOptionsMenu to allow changing action items in Android 3.0 and above.
Fixed since 3.0 Beta 1
- TIMOB-6891 Android: Tab’s window property is null if set via creation arguments.
- TIMOB-6906 Tooling: tiapp.xml – line breaks in description field break compilation.
- TIMOB-10363 Android: Picker “add” method is dead slow
- TIMOB-11525 Android: Relative path for Window URL does not work on 3_0_X.
- TIMOB-11585 CLI: Error messaging is showing undefined for SDK version.
- TIMOB-11598 CLI: iOS: generated xcode project cannot find “node”.
- TIMOB-11599 CLI: Using XCode to run app on device won’t work.
- TIMOB-11664 Android: TabGroup: Tabgroup focus event fired twice on application launch and one of those with source as undefined. This was a regression in 3.0.
- TIMOB-11678 CLI: iOS: iPad Simulator launches as iPhone Simulator.
- TIMOB-11685 iOS: Packaging – Packaged application logs messages in Xcode console. This was a regression occurring in Release 3.0 and 2.1.3.
- TIMOB-11710 CLI build failure reason is only available when tracing is on.
- TIMOB-11751 Android: HTTPClient.onreadystatechange not dispatched. This was a regression in 3.0.
Note: This is a beta release, and as such may contain regressions or other issues. Please do not use it in production, and keep backups of all important projects and data. We will follow with a release candidate in the coming weeks. If you find an issue, please report it in JIRA with a reproducible test case.
How to Update
These are links to continuous integration builds. To install them, choose “Help Menu > Install Specific Titanium SDK…” from inside Titanium Studio.
To update Studio, please visit https://preview.appcelerator.com and follow the instructions to update to the RC stream, or to download a new install.
New Features in Titanium SDK 3.0.0
The docs are all available at: https://docs.appcelerator.com/titanium/3.0/
As a reminder, some of the new features coming in SDK Platform 3.0:
- On-Device Debugging
- Alloy Framework
- Titanium Command-Line Interface
- Event Bubbling API Changes
- Android Action Bar Support
- Accessibility Features
New Features in Titanium Studio 3.0.0
One of the major differences with version 3.0 of the Titanium SDK is that a number of projects come as node modules. Studio will look for a Node.js installation on your system. If it does not find it, it will install it, and then prompt you to install the necessary modules via NPM.
- Performance Improvements
- Alloy Integration
- Node.ACS Integration
- On-Device Debugging
- Deprecation Warnings