The following is a guest post from Ken Kupelian and our friends at New Relic. Dive in and take a look at how you can integrate your Titanium app easily with New Relic.
If you’re an Appcelerator user, then we’re sure you’re going to love this! New Relic now fully supports iOS and Android apps built with Appcelerator’s Titanium Studio! (If you aren’t already using New Relic, sign up for an account today through the Appcelerator Marketplace – all Appcelerator customers get our Standard version for free!)
First, if you are building apps for Android, you will need to upgrade to Titanium Studio 3.1.2. If you’re building apps only for iOS, you won’t need to upgrade (but you might want to given all the awesome new features.) To upgrade within Titanium Studio, go to Help > Check for Updates and install the latest version.
Once you’re logged in to your New Relic account, click on Mobile on the left-hand navigation menu, click on Titanium Studio for the platform and then follow the instructions below.
Installing the New Relic module
- Launch Titanium Studio.
- Go to the Help Menu > Install Mobile Module.
- Copy and paste this address into the “Install from URL” field: http://download.newrelic.com/titanium/ti.newrelic-1.0.zip
- Select “Titanium SDK” for the Output Location.
- Click OK.
Add New Relic to your app
- For each app you want to add New Relic to, open the “tiapp.xml” file, which should open the TiApp Editor.
- Under the Modules section, click the + button.
- In the window that pops up, select “ti.newrelic” and click OK.
- Add this to the beginning of either the alloy.js file if you have a Titanium Alloy app, or app.js file if you have a Titanium Classic app (replacing “YOUR_APP_TOKEN” with the app token generated for you on the Mobile Monitoring page)
- Run your app.
View your data
- Go back to your New Relic Account and click Mobile on the left-hand navigation menu.
- You should now see your app – click on it and view your data.
- Find out more information about the various dashboards and tools available to you on New Relic at https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/mobile-apps/
Now you’re all done! Access all the mobile app performance data you’ve been waiting for, and solve all those problems. Don’t wait — log in, deploy and see data like you never have before on New Relic’s mobile section.